Since my last post, Lacey had her "4 month" appointment and she was already 19 pounds 8 ounces! Our pediatrician is amazed with her growth. She has outgrown her 6-9 month Gerber onsies. Lacey is getting more and more adorable each month and we are loving this stage as she gets more of a personality! There have been so many firsts for her, it's been hard to keep track, I feel like I'm writing something down constantly in my baby journal. The biggest challenges are that she is really distracted when nursing which makes it pretty difficult to not draw attention to myself when in public and she is still waking up 2-3 times to feed during the night. I think it's because she has been only able to focus on feeding in a dark room at night, so she is still relying a lot on nighttime feedings.
Firsts and things to remember:
- She is pretty close to independent with sitting with her Boppy Pillow. She can sit completely unsupported for 10-20 seconds at a time before she tips over to the sides or backwards. She reached upward to grab a toy when she was supported by the Bobby Pillow one time.
- She is laughing a lot more often! Sometimes on cue when we tickle her tummy or armpits.
- When she babbles, we hear her making a lot more different consonant sounds including "muh", "guh", and "bah". Just this week she said "la"for the first time and it was so cute watching her move her little tongue.
- She is noticing other babies more and smiles at them now :)
- She has rolled twice, but is far from being a pro at it. The first time it took nearly 15 minutes to completely go from her back to stomach. I didn't see the 2nd time, but it hasn't happened again since.
- She met a lot of Brian's family at a get together a couple weeks ago. She was not shy and enjoyed everyone's company, which I was glad for. Seeing her next to her 2nd cousins who are so cute and little was so sweet!
- She is getting more endurance with supporting all of her weight when we balance her, but only when her knees and hips are all the way straight.
- Her hand-eye coordination keeps getting better and better. She is staring at her hand all the time while she opens and closes it. We just started to notice a little pincer grip action.
- She always wants to jump! She can really get going when she is being held and her feet are resting on someone's lap.
Her likes and dislikes:
- This past month, she suddenly started grabbing and holding her feet all the time which is super adorable. She is pretty obsessed with feet these days including ours. She also does this really cute thing where she claps them together.
- Crinkle toys are fascinating to her finally! We had a few of them and had always tried to get her attention with them, but now she loves to grab them.
- She is starting to like splashing in the bathtub with her feet and can get us pretty wet.
- New sounds are very entertaining to her (as long as they don't scare her) and she will sometimes giggle when she hears one.
- She loves her grandparents, aunts, and uncles :) She always seems to be smiling when she's around them.
- She hates waking up in a dark room all alone.
- If she's sick, getting her boogers out with a Nose Frida really makes her mad.
- She is just beginning to get a hang of her door jumper and enjoys when she gets going in it.
Here are my highlights from the month:
Thanks for stopping by!